This is not a praise singing nor to gain any recognition, but the reality about this personality.
Writing about great personalities with golden hearts is one thing I love doing, it goes inline with my philosophy of appreaciating those that touch lives in one way or the other, doing this will also inspire others to see the need to impact in lives.
HON. Komsol Alphonsus Longgap Is currently the Hon. Member, Representing Shendam, Qua’an Pan and Mikang federal constituency at the Federal House Of Representatives.
It won’t be alright to call Hon. Komsol a mere politician but more better, a Statesman.
He hails from kwapkuwa district of Shendam Local Government of Plateau State, Nigeria.
He is characterized with Doggedness, reliability, straightforwardness, accountability and transparency, always active in humanitarian services, full of wisdom and get satisfaction only through getting the best for his constituency like he will always say”, I cannot store up treasures for myself or family while my people are suffering”.
Evidence of this can be seen from the completed projects and those still ongoing which are ranging from Hand pump borholes, Classroom blocks, Fertilizers for farmers, solar street light installation among many across Mikang, Shendam and Qua’an Pan.
His dreams towards becoming a bridge builder to the society is seen all over him.
No wonder he is called “the Workerhollic Member, TechniKAL among many names.
Within just almost three years in office he executed the following projects :
- The construction of 25 class room blocks across the constituency
- Drilling of about 20 hand pump boreholes
- Drilling of about 15 motorized boreholes
- Distribution of five trucks of fertilizer to farmers across the constituency
- Sponsoring of 3000 SS3 students for the joint admission and matriculation board exams (JAMB) annually for two years now.
- Construction and equipping of 2 ICT center in his constituency
- Installation of about 500 solar street lights across the constituency
- Construction of Yashi-Derlit and Gun road.
- Empowerment of 50 women in his constituency with the sum of 20,000 naira each.
- Distribution of personal protective equipment as well as palliatives to constituents during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Rehabilitation of Sabon Gida, Bakin Kogi bridge which was at the verge of collapse
- Re-introducing the bill for the establishment of Federal Polytechnic Shendam, which has been approved.
- Distribution of Christmas and sallah packages to constituents during festive seasons
- Distribution of relief materials to victims of flood in his constituency.
- Gifted laptops to all Law students in his constituency.
- Empowering over 150 youths .
This is just to mention a few among many of his endless services to his loving constituents.
His Monolistic impact in the lives of youths and other members of his constituency is an assurance of his love for the people. No wonder he won the Tittle “Shugaban Matasan Arewa.” He won a number of special awards and the Youths rejoice upon hearing the name Komsol, at the mention of his name all the masses jubilate.
What more could be needed from a legislator that this man with golden heart don’t possess or do, Plateau need more of this great personality for it’s quick development and Unity.
By: Piengah Nangaih Paul